Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

what a week!!

WOW what a week.....it has been one of those crazy whirlwind type of weeks....I am so glad that I really relaxed this past weekend because I needed it considering all the stuff that was ahead of me in the days to come!



So it all started with a resume....one little resume that came to my attention last Friday....it was funny really because on the way to work that day I had been thinking, now what would I do if B (who is a one of my stylist and is expecting Jan 7th)...had her baby and then T and I got the call....all at the same time.....shit what would I do....my other 2 stylist are busy so they would not have enough time in their days to keep everyone happy...shit....okay it is time to start putting feelers out on a new stylist....yes that's right I was thinking that on my way to work and not 10 mins after I arrived at work there was a resume on my desk......and a good prospect not just some well women that has maybe cut her cousins hair with the kitchen shears once or twice...yes I do get resumes like this??!?!?!?...



So I called the prospect and set up an interview for the following Tues.....this Tues.....and I love her, she is so great and so talented....she will be such an asset to our salon....ahhhh I can't believe it...I can't believe I am going to have 5 hairstylists working with me.....never EVER did I think this would happen to me.....

So that led to my next predicament, it was time to come up with a new schedule the only way this was going to work was if I could rework the current schedule....oh I hate upsetting anyone .. there was going to have to be some changes made to everyone's hours.....so I started chatting to the girls slowly and calmly...treading very gently....until I had them convinced that this was not a bad idea....less people in the shop at one time...more days a week to serve people better...not many places offer that anymore....ect ect....after a few days of talking that up I had them convinced, and everyone is happy with their new hours....

Next comes the space in the salon....yes it is already at a premium meaning we are pretty much maxed out...now my future plan is to expand next door...but seeing that we just purchased a cottage and are staying very conservative in anticipation for a big big bill for an adoption, I don't think adding another big chuck of debt would be wise(now T should be very happy about reading this last sentence because normally I would just dive in and do it no need to be conservative)lol....so I need to make do with the space I have! We are going to start a minor renovation this weekend.....knock done a wall, add a mirror some shelving and a chair and voila....we have a new space for a new station.....YEAH!!!!

So in 4 days alot has happened......I am running a huge new ad campaign on our local radio station which is kind of exciting....weird to hear your own name on the radio but fun all the same!!!
Finally the last thing to take place this week was finally getting a software program intergrated into the salon, to take care of all our bookings, reminders, formulas ect......scary and a ton of work to get organized but it will be SO worth it!!! I know there are some frustrating days ahead with this.....considering someone didn't know how to hook up a simple interact machine yesterday and literally all you had to do was plug it in??? yikes....

So that gets you up to date on what I have done this week...besides all the wonderful looking ladies that left the salon all week..fall is here which means awesome new cuts and rich colours...and by the way I got a new "DO" myself....shorter, sleeker and so fun!!!!

m :)

4 comments:

H said...

Sounds awesome! Keeping busy at new things really does help...I hope you have tons of new customers!:)

RB said...

You should be really proud of yourself. Your salon sounds like a fabulous place!

Erica said...

Wow! You have been busy!! That is so exciting about the new stylist and everything falling into place. That is a good sign. :)

You MUST show us a picture of your new do!

Erica

Rebekah said...

I am so glad you have so much going on. I know it doesn't cure the baby blues, but staying busy and occupied definitely helps!

I wish I lived closer...you would SO be MY hair stylist! :)