Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

I wonder?

I wonder, I wonder if anyone thinks before they speak these days??? No really I know that sometimes things slip out and you immediately know....opps shouldn't have said that and try to back pedal like crazy...shit happens......but I really wonder if people ever think about how another person will feel after they bring up a certain subject or chat about a particular thing.........I know that my parents were forever saying "Michelle think before you speak"....that was huge in our house...it came a close second to " Michelle sit up straight put your shoulders back"....lol...serioulsy though I was taught at a very young age to really think before I said something.....now I will admit that sometimes my tongue gets the best of me and I say something that I maybe shouldn't have......but really didn't anyone else hear this growing up....doesn't anyone think about how they can really hurt someone with their words??????

I promised myself on Jan 1st that this blog was no longer going to be about Michelle and Terry's sad days........I wasn't going to look back on this and have to read about all the sadness all the time...I want to look back at this blog and be proud of me........whatever ends up happening I want to see that I handled this part of my life with grace and courage......I am going to try to be positive and be thankful and have faith.......
So because of that, I am not going to tell you what was said to me today that hurt me to the core......I am not going to think about it for one more minute...I am going to pray for this person and hope that someday she will know that hurting someone else is not going to help her not one bit....... thankfully from the help of my parents, family and husband's support over the years, even when someone tries to knock me down, I can put things into perspective and can see that this person right along with me is hurting and is sad....so now even after this I will now try to help her.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle:Unfortunately unless that person has walked in your shoes they do not know what you are going through.And I must say that I think all of us have learned a great deal about another particular part of life that we had no idea about and the anguish that was involved and so it helps us grow and allows us to understand others in new and supportive ways for that is what life is all about and it is what we are called to do. And so we journey on... Love you, Mom

Corey Family said...

I think this is a valuable reminder for all of us to think before we speak, so many times we let someones words dictate how we are going to feel for the rest of the day/week/month! Unfortunately we are going to be constantly bombarded with peoples opinions and comments but I will try, like you, to just pray for those people and try to do something kind for them!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Good for you Michelle. That's a hard one, no doubt! It's taken years of practice but i myself am definitely improving on the "think before you speak". Thanks for the reminder : )

Nicole

Bri said...

Good for you! Sometimes it is so draining when people don't think.

Just an FYI, I never have thought you are just focusing on the sad. Unfortunately, the sad is a big part of the adoption journey package. When I look back on my saddness, I think it only makes me appreciate what I have now even more.

Sheila's Adventures said...

Mich - this is a very good point and something we all need to remember. The other thing that was drilled into me was "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Strange that these little ditties still apply!
Hugs.