Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

the nerves are setting in.....

Most people don't know this about me, but I spend most of my conscious time here on earth being nervous! Yes NERVOUS....butterflies in my stomach...sweaty palms nervous...it can be about various things....my clients new haircut, having to meet someone new, results of my Dads monthly scans, even crazy stupid things like having to return a phone call to a neighbour I don't know that well, having a meeting at the bank...just nervous...and yep, you guessed it right now I am nervous!

The crazy thing about this is hardly anyone knows this about me, actually I think people see me as very confident, put together person.........HA...not so not so at all!!

So here is the deal....tomorrow at 11:30 D and I are headed to our first Mommy/Baby get together...and I am so nervous about it. It is so ridiculous!! I know most of the people that will be there...they are not people that I hang out with on a regular bases but I do know them...so we all have babies within 6 months of each other...some have older children as well....I don't know what it is that is making me so uptight...but boy I have to get this under control...it is really so nice of the hostess to include me, as I said earlier this is not a group that I hang out with often. It is really super nice of them to ask me to join them today...but I think that just makes the nervousness even worse.....

So clearly I can not cancel....but I am fretting about what I'm going to wear....I always have a tendency to be overdressed...and I want to blend so this is a problem...I'm freaking about what D should wear...cause I don't want her to be the kid with the MOM that now overdresses her...ughghg....and then what I have to take for lunch, a salad a dessert????.......and then the freaking fact that all of these women seem to know what they are doing with this parenting thing and I feel like I have NO clue...and then that just leads to....over analyzing...ladies this sadly is what I do best...I picture everything in my head, have it all laid out...only making my palms sweat more and the butterflies just unbearable....

I'm a big girl though and it is time to face the music....I am ready to go...outfits picked not to much but not to little...big autumn salad made...and big ole smile on my face...wish me luck!!

8 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Hey, i get it! I am a nervous wreck all the time too, about things that really don't need to be worried about. Take some deep breaths, it will go well!

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to this. I found it a hard to make new mommy friends when I was new to the whole thing.

For what it's worth - here's my advice. Wear whatever makes you happy. I spent 3 years trying to "blend" in and I've come to the conclusion that it's over rated. Be over dressed, be happy and be yourself.

It took me quite awhile to realize that the only friends I really want are the ones who like me...not the fake me.

Good luck and have fun!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great time. I have heard wonderful things about the program.

Unknown said...

I've been there! My first Mom get together I was super nervous for all of the same reasons you wrote about here! It all went well though and I made a new friend out of it. Hope you mom/baby meet-up went well!

Tania B said...

Hello, I am a new GFC follower who found your blog at the Finding New Friends blog hop. I would love it if you would follow me with GFC at Horseshoes!

http://www.cdnhorseshoes.com/

Tania

natalie said...

Ahhh... I love the mom inner monologue! So many of us can identify with this I'm sure. haha..

Anyway, thanks for following Stray Matter! I'm your newest follower and I'm looking forward to getting your updates. I can already tell we're going to get along famously ;)

Natalie - straymatteroffact.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So, how'd it go in the end? I bet it was awesome!

Chantelle said...

im the same way. im a worrier. if theres something to worry about i will find it.