Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wax on...Wax off

ughhggh I can't believe it!! My baby brothers wedding is on Saturday, and in true unorganized, brand new frazzled mom form.........I got my waxing done today!! Yes my brows and stash needed some attention.......really, really badly I might add....if I didn't get on it, I was going to be styling my upper lip soon!!

So all of this sounds pretty tame....OK...whats the big deal, you are thinking she got some waxing done before a family wedding....fairly normal chain of events for a woman.......

Well the point where the story kind of falls of the rails for me is after the first strip was yanked from my upper eyelid.......something just didn't feel right.......there was a definite stinging sensation that I had not felt before........oh did I mention that my biggest fear about waxing is losing skin...yeah my biggest fear........so of course that is what flashed through my mind...but then I calmed myself...suggesting that I might be a weee bit paranoid....so onto eye numero 2......hmmm interesting why is it feeling like this woman is pulling in slow motion.........oh and there is that stinging again.......hmm...well I guess the cooling gel will fix that, I must be just super sensitive today...can we say hormones......so she does a few little clean-up tweezes and out comes the cooling gel....I was almost salivating for that stuff...get it on my lids lady, I was thinking to myself.......AHHHHHHHHHHHH...........shit NOPE that did not help.......STINGING!!!!

I remained calm...trying to keep my composure, still telling myself that it is nothing....just over sensitive......she handed me the mirror....looked good...a bit red but nothing that major.......ahhh whew good....back to work.............

Well as the minutes went by things got increasingly more painful......I hate to be a suck but VERY FREAKING painful......it was at this point that I knew things had gone wrong........shit....5 days before the wedding are you kidding me....I slowly made my way to a mirror and was faced with a shocking situation.....my lids where tomato red and you could see an area where skin had been removed......then my coworker says.....OH NO....look at you...that is going to SCAB!!..........Thankyou...thankyou....that is exactly what I needed to hear at this moment.........like hello couldn't you use your energy in giving my some hints on how to treat this disaster......instead of telling me about my looming scabs!

ughghgh I can't believe it, I have stocked up on polysporin, and vitamin e..............wish me luck or buy me some sun glasses!!! :)

and I thought my biggest problem was worrying about a new pimple pooping up on Sat.....be careful what you wish for......

m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Hope it looks okay by the wedding.

Unknown said...

I have a Blog Award for you on my blog, iluvtosave.net! I hope you will stop by soon and pick it up!!!

Have a great day!!!

~Ola
iluvtosave.net