Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

What are you thankful for??

Wow it's been a week or so since I have posted! Crazy times in my household....days with a busy toddler,  opening a new business, and just hosted Thanksgiving for 18 yesterday! A fantastic time we did have!! I guess those are a few reasons why posting has been pushed to the back burner this past week!

Thanksgiving here in the great white north, this weekend...I think thanksgiving is slowly becoming one of my most favorite holidays! It doesn't have the stress of Christmas in all its gift giving glory...Thanksgiving is calmer...it kind of sneaks up on you in a really cozy, apple cinnamon scented candle, pumpkin pie eating sort of way!!

We had both of our families join us at our place yesterday....it was a perfect day! Lots of laughs, lots of food, lots of wine!! We even had a cute little golden retriever pup Phoebe join us!! YES a dog was in my house..free...diving between my feet as I prepared green beans....I know this is shocking and down right unheard of...stay tuned for a post about the puppy dilemma soon!!

As always today is a day to sit and acknowledge the things we are most thankful for. I have so many this year....it is crazy what the last 2 years of our life have been like...downright nuts to be honest. I think right at this moment I am most thankful for the calm....everything feels right and good and calm right now and I love it!! I don't have butterflies in my stomach...I'm not up every hour worried about something....things are just nice...boring ....calm....ahhhhhh I have waited a long time for this feeling to surface again!!

I have tons and tons of other things on my most thankful list...too many to write about...or bore you with...I hope you all have a list a mile long as well!!

Happy Turkey day folks..
M

No comments: