Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Step number 8????

Have you ever been accused of buying the cart before the horse.....or pushing the cart or whatever that old saying is.......??? Well that is what was written in a recent email to me from my husband?? What....me you can't be talking about little old me???

Or could he?????? Yep he sure is, that's right....when you give me an idea I run with it so you better be really sure of yourself before you start chatting up a potential idea to me especially one that I think it soooo doable......

So I will start at the beginning for you.......I believe it was last Fri night...yes that is a key point to this story......this only started a mere 9 days ago.....T and I were eating a nice dinner, and just chatting.....I really can't even remember when it all began........but for some reason T started talking about a show he had watched, one of those reality real estate shows......I guess the couple was around our age...and they had "x" amount of money to purchase a new home....they had decided to split that money in half and buy 2 smaller homes, one in the city that they worked and the other a vacation destination...or cottage destination..............well as soon as I heard that my mind started to go into OVERDRIVE..........this is a spectacular idea........well why don't we just buy my Grandma's cottage then.....and stay in our condo.
We have been contemplating a move to a bigger house for some time now, but haven't come across anything we like better than where we are. The only thing missing from where we are is outdoor space...other than that we love it here.....

*sidebar* my Grandma has had a cottage in a small beach side village since I was about 4 years old.....now I will admit if you had asked me 15 years ago I would have said never would I want a cottage in that village...it sometimes seemed boring to me...its amazing what 15 years does to a girl..........because now it seems soooo desirable to me, a quiet charming village, I can totally picture us there on weekends... gardening, entertaining...relaxing...going to the beach..ahhhh....another thing that makes it so awesome is that my Mom's church is there...It is closer to my parents home and many of my girlfriends.....it is just a great place.....not a dream cottage by any means but a really awesome cottage cottage.....my Grandma unfortunately can't spend much time there anymore due to her age and strength, and I do know that she dreams that it stays in the family.....

So back to the story........of course I blurt out my desire to T and we start discussing it.....he seemed to be really taking to the idea..........so I quickly ran with it..........made a few calls...arranged a visit to my Moms church which I knew of course would lead to a quick trip to the cottage just to check it out.....hehe

Then it began..........as soon as I heard T say....I like it, I really like it......it needs a fresh coat of paint maybe some new floors....but other than that it is great.................YIPEE....okay here I go....before I had even talked to my Grandma about this I had purchased 3 cottage living magazines and was dreaming about how I would transform this into our awesome vacation destination....ahhhh I love this........

Everyday I would have something new...."T I went down into my storage and found some furniture that will be just PERFECT at the cottage..and how great we don't need to buy anything new..wink wink....oh T I think we should paint everything white and then have a really great green accent wall...... oh I want to do a wall of all old pics from our years at the cottage when we were kids...... oh and I would like to get some old vintage metal letters that spell out beach and have them on this wall on this shelf that we will buy opps okay just one shelf from ikea...... and do you know that I can have a vegetable garden now.....ahhhh this is just so great isn't it"..............and that is when he said it......my god M you are already on Stage 8 you are accessorizing and we don't even know if we are going to do this for sure..........

hahaha thats right buddy, that's what I do............I get an idea and I run with it.....now you see T...when the deal is done...we have all our choices made....no need to waste time here...paint colors check, floor choice check....furniture placement check....ahh this is going to be so much fun!!! hehe

So hopefully this will all work out.....I have spoken with my Grandmother(I did do that very early on)lol and she is super excited....and all the rest of the family knows and seems to be keen....oh I dream of getting the place fixed up and having a family day there that my Grandmother could come too.....everyone would be there and she could just see that her cottage was still going to be a family place.....ahhh it would be so great.........(see I get down the the little details don't it)!! We are meeting with her next Sunday to discuss the details...

I kind off feel like a soldier ready and waiting to go to well, not war that sounds awful, maybe more like a sprinter waiting at the starting line waiting for the shot to be fired...whatever... I am ready to take on the cottage... TSP, paint brush and rubber gloves in hand.....out with the old and freshen the place up so we all can start enjoying it again..I just need the go ahead...stay tuned!!

m:)

6 comments:

Dionne said...

Oh I hope it works out for you! It sounds lovely. And the idea of decorating your own cottage sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I am jealous!

And I sooo know how you feel about putting the wagon before the horse - I do that all the time!

feather k said...

that is exciting...i've been guilty of getting ahead of myself too...thanks for visiting on my FB day!

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Wow! This is so exciting! Sounds like a dream! I can't wait to hear more details and see PICTURES!!!! Good luck!

Rebekah said...

We are SO much alike. Your little beach cottage sounds absolutely incredible and I LOVE all the ideas. The wall of photographs is such a great idea. Now you have me wishing I had a beach house!! :)

Erica said...

Oh! That sounds so exciting! Your ideas sound beautiful and I love the idea of the gallery wall, too! I can't wait to hear how everything works out. And of course, pictures.... LOL

Erica

ACH said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds so wonderful! That's what I've always wanted to do...have two nice little houses, instead of one McMansion, haha. I love those "cottagey" cottages, where it's okay if you track a little sand in from the beach :)