Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

man oh man...

The first time I cut my husband's hair...I thought I was going to hyperventilate.. .I broke out into the most disgusting sweat.....I had never ever in my at that time 14 years of cutting hair...seen a head of hair so hard to cut.....and of course I knew him fairly well by this time and I could tell that this guy wanted to have nice hair...he was a bit particular about his locks..........
I had also heard about his long time stylist, who he had been seeing for many years...and she did a good job as far as I could see....and boy at that moment in between snips I had the utmost respect for this women.......geez this was tough....

It is always a big joke in the salon when someone asks me..."do you cut you husbands hair"..and I of course have to go into the long winded "tale of Terry's tresses"....I embellish saying how awful it is, how stressful....and to make matters worse by the time T gets to have a haircut I am exhausted from usually a very busy Saturday.....so lets be honest I am not at my best.....there have been many times that we have got home and I have looked at him and cringed...yikes....get the kitchen shears out lets trim that up.....lol

I have actually truly considered going to T's old stylist and buying him a lifetime supply of gift certificates....whew let her deal with this......but that wouldn't really do much for my reputation now would it!!!

Well T you will be happy to know that I met your match today............WOW....this man not only had a very challenging head of hair but he was really into "fashion" as he called it.......he was asking me the strangest questions about various things....and he was SO picky about his cut........I just couldn't help from giggling inside......thinking wow buddy, I can't believe this but you have just taken over a longstanding rein here.........you are now officially my toughest male client.....T has held this position for some time now......I'm not sure how he will feel about this......he has been the source of such good material for years...always getting tons of laughs and of course sympathy from the ladies because his hairstylist wife makes him drive 30 mins to get his haircut....in my defence you wouldn't believe how important a hydraulic chair is when you are cutting T's hair!!

m :)

No comments: