Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

moms....

Sometimes, Mom's just always know the right things to say and do!

Yesterday my Mom came in to get her hair done before her and my Dad leave on a much deserved 2 week stint in the sunny south.....I am sure she was looking forward to a nice relaxing couple of hours at the salon....and well I am afraid she left with much more than she bargained for!!!

Yes I had a mini breakdown mid foil application.........***sigh***.....I'm not sure what hit me, I'm sure it was the comfort of my Mother's understanding voice but she got it all.....I just let it all out....all my fears and hopes and sadness....everything....
As always she calmed me down and comforted me and made me see things sensibly! She just always knows how to put things into perspective....makes me see things clearly!!!

I know my parents feel our pain, they don't pretend to totally get it because they have not been through this but I think as parents when your kids hurt you hurt....so my poor Mom is loosing just as much sleep over this as I.....she is praying for our miracle probably even more then we are!!
This morning I woke up to an email from my Mom after she had been awake for hours through the night....this email was the most amazing, uplifting....special email.....it has made me think that this just might be possible again...lifted my spirits....taken me from the depths of the valley to the top of the hill again.....

Thanks MOM
m
xo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that post Michelle!!
And yes ur mom is amazing!!!

H said...

I totally agree...moms just know how to make things better!:) Praying for you!

Lynnette said...

You post brought tears to my eyes. Moms are so amazing, they bring us such comfort just when we need it most. They see and feel our pain and they have such hope and faith for us even when we cannot. I am so gald your talk helped you through your valley.

Susan said...

Michelle: Yes, being a mom is hard work but oh such a privilege as you not only travel your own journey but also the hills and valleys of the journeys your children take too! So take note because your day is coming very soon. Love, Mom.

Hip Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.