Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The True Meaning of Christmas!

I have had many wonderful Christmas's in my past 34 years but this one will be forever etched in my heart as one of the best...

I feel like this Christmas we got back to the basics....we enjoyed each other and really remembered what this season is all about.

My season got off to an early start this year when I was stormed stayed at my brothers for the night before Christmas Eve...His girlfriend Amanda was there, who I really really like, great girl and so good for my brother...they just seem really happy together...anyways that was the start of the festive season for me....way too much fun on the first night..yikes I do believe my brother and I had 1 too many glasses of wine that night..I was feeling a bit rough the next morning before work..lol but I have to say, we did solve some major world issues that night...


So I finished up work Christmas Eve day and headed home to finish up some appetizers and last minute prep work for Christmas Day. We did the usual Christmas Eve routine...service at my Mom's church, family Christmas at Mom and Dad's which is always so fun...too much wine and way too much food! Christmas Morning we headed back home and started to prepare for our company!


What a fun day....I don't even know what to say really...it was just the perfect Christmas Day...most of our family surrounding us, having so much fun together...seriously it just was so awesome for me to see...everyone having so much fun together...we ate great food, had great chats..played some games ....it felt like, some really corny Christmas Movie that we all get sick of watching...but guess what when it happens to you...you just love it, I wish it could happen more often...

Boxing Day morning we all got up(my family stayed overnight) and got ready to head to Hamilton to see my Grandmother...I know my Mom and Dad thought that she looked really good on Boxing Day but boy to me she sure doesn't look like herself...it made me realize how lucky I was and am to have had my Grandmothers alive and healthy well into my 30's. I can see that it is time for her to go...I know that sounds harsh to many of you, but this is her wish and honestly she isn't having much fun right now...sometimes it just doesn't seem fair...


After we left my Grandmother we all decided to stop for some lunch before we headed for home...now I am not sure if you have noticed but 5 people here have now spent about 3 days together...wowzers...that is a ton of togetherness....I know my Mom was in heaven all this family time...my Dad seemed pretty calm considering he wasn't in his own house relaxing, Terry was just like he always is, just going with the flow....and my brother Jon...what a trooper..I know he could have found about a million other things he would rather be doing for those 3 days, but he hung in there.
I think he was very happy to drop us all off at our vehicles and drove away at record speed by himself....it was defiantly time for some space!!! lol

So all and all this had to be one of the best Christmas's I have ever had...we really didn't do the gift thing this year...so it truly was an old fashioned Christmas, one where you enjoyed each other...the most important people in your life!

m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly how I felt...too, Michelle. What a great time we had together and having Jon with us the whole time is what we miss during our summer gatherings.Love, Mom.