Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

baby, it's cold outside!

My goodness what the heck it is SO cold outside. It is so cold that my eyelashes freeze when I'm cleaning off my car, it is so cold that it takes my clients with glasses about 10 mins before they "defog" and we can actually discuss a new do...it is so cold that Terry actually keeps the heat ON when we go to bed at night....what the heck when is this going to go away???


It is days like this that I think maybe we are crazy for making the choice we have made about not heading to the sunny south this year. For the last few years we have been joining my parents in St Maarten for a week...ahhhh the memories, the sun, the sand, the great restaurants, and of course the thrist quenching carib after you come in from a day at the beach....oh yeah and of course the company!! lol

This year Terry and I made a decision not to travel due to the economy. As some of you know Terry and his family are in the automotive business, so it is the same story as everyone else...times are tough...

Terry has struggled with some of the decisions he has had to make in the past few months, one of them being laying off employees...I can only imagine how awful it is to be the person that is laid-off, I feel so fortunate that I have a job to go to everyday. But going through this process with Terry I have seen the other side, witnessed how hard it is to be the person that has to do the laying off...honestly not a nice time at all. When you have people and families counting on you, it is so difficult to have to do that to them!



So for us we just could not justify going away this year, when other families are suffering due to a difficult decision we had to make. I just couldn't imagine Terry or myself going into work chatting away about our annual trip to paradise, when others where worrying if they would have a job to go to in a few months or not!
So I am not faltering or questioning our decision about a vacation this year......but man it is COLD outside....hmmm maybe I need to start embracing this winter weather a bit more..find some fun things to do outside....we will see...
Quite frankly I think I will just sit by the fire with a nice glass of wine.......for now this is how I am going to embrace our wintry weather....

have a great weekend!
m

No comments: