Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

FaMiLy DaY!!!!!!

So for all you Ontarians out there I hope you are enjoying Family Day...oh I don't want to leave out the other couple provinces that are having this holiday too..I just can't remember who gets it and who doesn't...crazy government..lets just make up our minds about this stuff and give it to everyone!! lol
I have some pretty strong opinions about family day or more accurately the fact that I am a small business owner and I now have to pay for another stat. holiday.....I am not going to get into it too much here.....I exhausted the subject last year, the first year we had this new holiday....I am just going to embrace it and let it be, what it is.....and for me personally I am going to make sure I use it as it is intended....an extra day to spend with family!!!

So yesterday was such a fun day, we had some family over (see...keeping with the theme)lol....we had a great time.....some good food, good wine and some laughs....played a few rounds of the game "things"....I have to be honest the game didn't go over as huge as I had hoped I...mostly due to my Dad, who just really isn't a game playing type of guy...too funny! He did pretty well though..........My Mom made her AWESOME homemade lasagna we had tons of great appetizers.......ohh man I have ate sooo much food this weekend....but it was all so good...you would have thought that none of us had eaten in about a month the way we devoured it all!!! What better excuse to overeat than a long weekend right!!! :)

So of course I had my camera out in full force yesterday.......I got tons of great shots....but these had to be the best of the best.....my cousin Brit just cracks me up....you've gotta love her laugh.......



As you can see these two just didn't let up all night...it was so funny, from shoulder massages to whatever else they found humorous it was continuous giggling all night!!! TOO FUNNY!!

This is how poor Jamie was feeling by the end of the festivities or maybe it was.... she was getting really sick of the paparazzi???? :)

FuN TiMeS!!!
I hope everyone is having a great Monday!!!
m :)

10 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog. No Family Day for me but it looks like you did it in style!

Dionne said...

Family Day? Wow, we don't have a holiday like that here in the USA, and nothing like that back at home in Australia either (and we usually share a lot of holidays with you guys like Boxing Day).

Looks like fun times. I LOVE games. I am addicted to them. Fun times.

*Kelly Marie* said...

Thanks for the encouraging words on my page! and Yessssss! Doing hair is the absolute best! :-)

Anonymous said...

those pics are too funny.. what a great FAMILY day!!!
had soo much fun yesterday! I want to see the rest of the pics though!
xoxox Britt!!

Anonymous said...

by that point I had had WAY too much wine... pounding head! ready for bed...

Trish said...

Just dropping by from SITS. I guess you're not sleeping, either!! :) I'm really going to go try now, though... I gotta get up in 4 hours. Eesh.

Lilly said...

Aw you have to love public holidays. Looks like you had fun. I love your red walls by the way, love them. I need a new hairdresser, shame you werent living closer! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

April said...

Hi Michelle!
Thanks for stopping by today...I really appreciate it!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

love the laughter pics, they are so uplifting. the last picture reminds me of lydia's looks every time i pull out my camera.

Cheeky Kitchen said...

What beautiful pictures! Family Day at your place looks dreamy.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog (and becoming a follower!? I'm ever so tickled). I'm delighted to have you along.

Happy Day!