Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

am i scrooge...???

Today is Nov 11th right???

This is usually a VERY BIG day for me...My rule or my Mom's "rule of thumb" so to speak is, as soon as Remembrance Day is over you can....drum roll please....CHRISTMAS DECORATE!!!!

Well I just don't know what is wrong with me this year..but I am just not into it. It has crossed my mind the past few weeks....like oh I guess I will have to drag all that stuff out soon.......or should we have our annual Christmas party or not??? This is so weird, in years past I am usually getting RSV P's by now.

On my way home from work I thought I had the cure I would buy a magazine that would help. All the December issues are out with all there sugar cookie, tinsel covered tree covers...that would help that would get me right back on track...

I'm afraid not.........I think it has made it worse! So I am sitting here contemplating what is going on? Is it just that there has been so much happen this past year for us that I am over it right now? Or have I come to a time in my life that I know that the decorations and the presents and the fancy parties with a white candy table just don't really matter...??? I'm just not sure, but what I can tell you is that we are not having a party this year, it is not because I don't have the time it is because well I just don't really feel like having it........and there may not even be many decorations at my house and again it isn't because I am sooo busy and don't have time...it just doesn't seem that important to me this year.

What I can tell you for sure is that after everything we have been through this year I have realized something, it isn't about things, decorations or presents, it's about the special people in
your life...I am so blessed to have such great people surrounding me everyday. The best clients, the greatest friends........the most supportive family you could ever ask for and the greatest husband ever...this is what I am going to celebrate this year, all the great people in my life.

So who knows it is only Nov. 11th I still have a bit of time to get my Christmas groove back....or will I have officially become a Christmas Scrooge????????? :)

No comments: