Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So today my parents are coming home from their vacation in St Maarten. I don't know why, but for me this was a really longggggg 10 days...

I guess it just doesn't matter how old I get, I still need and miss them when they are gone. I know some people will be reading this and thinking I am off my rocker...come on I am 34 years old and happily married to the greatest guy....why would you need your parents, get a grip...right, I can hear some of you now!! lol

I have been thinking about this a ton lately. I am so lucky to have a family that is very close, I can always count on them. I hear so many people talk about there families and it is so negative, there are so many issues. Even in my own extended family for years there have always been issues going on amongst one member or another....so sad really. Why is it...why can't we all just coincide with each other peacefully and just remember how fortunate we are to have each other?
I know for me this vacation has been hard. There has been so much going on with me these last few weeks....besides talking to Terry of course, who is so awesome and patient with me...I do really miss talking to my Mom and Dad...they just always put things in perspective for me. So I am really looking forward to tomorrow morning when everyone is home safe and sound and we can get back to normal!!

So I have a tall order for them...get your daughter out of her funk....I am just not myself and it is really driving me crazy. I can always put on a great front at work...that is my job, to be up, happy all the time, when I'm at work life is great couldn't be better....but man when I get my butt in my truck for my drive home...the wheels start turning and it is all downhill from there....ahhhhh

When I reread this post I feel like I want to kick my own ass.....I have sooo much to be thankful for...but I guess I need to stop feeling so guilty, as Jill said this is my time to deal...I just haven't let myself do that yet...after everything we dealt with this year(and I won't bore you with all the little details)I think it is time I stopped burying it all in the back of my mind.
I think this has been a good lesson for me actually, I have never understood why some people just don't get as excited about the Christmas Season, as I usually do...now I get it. I can see why this time of year is actually the hardest time for many, many people.

Well that is it for today.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to be home too Michelle. I love being away but would be really happy if my kids could be there with me too! I know that would be a little much for Terry and Jon and probably Dad too! LOL.
Good to talk to you by phone early this morning.E-mail is o.k but... However, I think we need a mother daughter coffee or lunch some day soon.Hope you are having a great day. Love, Mom.