Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

just not feeling like myself today!

So today has been one of those days for me. I'm not really sure how it started, but I was not feeling like myself at all.

I woke up to an email from a great friend saying that it was finally okay to share that she was expecting. I have been holding this one in for a long time now. Now don't get me wrong I am soooo soooo excited for her and her husband. They have been wanting this for so long. But for some reason this morning..it dawned on me, oh no I hope this doesn't change things. She is my last link, we are the ones without the kids... So I got over that okay, no real major issue just brushed it off and went about my business.....and then disaster struck.

I had to make a quick stop at Staples before I headed to Exciter for work...we desperately needed a new calculator....hmm maybe that is why my deposits are always short?..........no I think it is because the people that I work with don't know how to count back change??? what do they teach people in school these days??? Anyways back to my story...so I got my stuff at Staples and had about 5 mins. to spare........well being the crafty girl I am, I am not going to pass up an chance to check out the scrappin section at Micheals now am I????
So I walk in and I start hearing the Christmas music.......as I told you all yesterday I am not really feelin the season like usual so the tunes kind of annoyed me......but I was in stamp paradise so I wasn't paying too much attention to the modern rendition of "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire"....and then I saw it, in Martha Stewart fashion all the coolest kids Christmas Crafts????????? Well I don't know why....but that was it, I stood there and thought to myself...this is what I want to be doing I want to be doing Christmas Crafts with our kids...I'm done with making my Christmas Tree look like it is out of a magazine and I don't want to have a fancy adult party with the perfect hor douerves, I just want to make homemade tacky ornaments that don't match and don't have a theme(like Martha would ever let that happen)...with our kids?????

So there I am standing in the middle of the Martha Stewart display with tears starting to well up, so I beelined it to my truck and got the hell out of there.....I'm not exactly sure how I made it safely to Lucan with my mental state not being at it's best...but I did!!!
By the time I hit Lucan I had myself calmed down....had myself convinced we should get a puppy but I was relatively sane by the time I got to work!!!(if you know me at all you will agree that I obviously was far from sane if I had myself convinced that we should get a puppy)!! lol

Lucky for my clients by the time I finally got to work I had myself pulled together..........geeezzzz what a day????
I guess this is what they meant when they said you are going to have some bad days in the "waiting period"?????!!!!
m

1 comment: